-----


- Check the Treasure Chest to find cover/tracklist/informations about rare Dan Sartain Records such as Romance in Stereo as well as free tracks.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Dan Sartain Interview in Indierockreviews

This is an interview made by Thirst n’ Howl for www.indierockreviews.com:
IRR – So you’ve been touring quite a bit in England lately?
DS – Yeah, its been going better for me over there.

Irr How do you like England?
DS – It’s good man. I’ve finally figured out what to eat over there. It took years but I think I’ve got it. You usually can’t eat English food but there is tons of other food. Its kind of like all of America is closer to Mexico, so I don’t really trust a Mexican place in England. But we’re closer to Mexico so we have better Mexican food. I mean, we are better at imitating Mexican food cause we’re closer but they are better at imitating Italy or India. Actually there’s too much Indian food over there. Its tough to tell which is actually better.

IRR – Now when you are playing in England do you have a backing band?
DS – Yeah I get different guys all the time. Some of them are English guys when I m over there. Last time I had some guys from Atlanta, which isn’t too far from here. But I think I may have tapped out all my resources here with musicians in Alabama. They go “this is too crazy, I can’t do it.” Which I don’t get it cuz I’m not getting drunk or into fights or anything like that. They might prefer that if I did cuz than they would think this guy is cool.

IRR – So, no one is getting knifed or shot?
DS – No, no, not yet. There’s potential there for it I guess. Hasn’t happened yet. Pretty tame actually. These guys are like this sucks. I’m sick of the hotel rooms.

The whole interview can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment