-----


- Check the Treasure Chest to find cover/tracklist/informations about rare Dan Sartain Records such as Romance in Stereo as well as free tracks.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Interview in tracksandfields.com


T&F: Growing up, what was the first music you remember hearing?

DS: It must have been in the womb. I can’t remember a time when I hadn’t heard music. The first time I saw a person play music was my father. I remember it terrified me for some reason.

T&F: Do you think the depth of music history in Alabama (Nat King Cole, Tammy Wynette, Dinah Washington – to name but a few…) helped you to have the confidence to develop as an artist?

DS: To be honest, no. I like and respect those acts but it was more so local guys who played small all-ages punk venues that made me feel I could do it too. Nat King Cole went through more trails and tribulations than any punk-rocker ever though.

T&F: Where did you get your first big break as a performer?

DS: Fuck man….I’m still waiting for a break as a performer! Seriously though….Swami records were the first guys to help me out or give me a shot.

...

T&F: What else can we expect from you in 2010/2011?

DS: Another album, a DVD and another album after that! Oh yeah a bunch of touring too. You never know how long people will be interested in what you do so I don’t really know to be honest.

...

Check their website for the complete interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment