-----


- Check the Treasure Chest to find cover/tracklist/informations about rare Dan Sartain Records such as Romance in Stereo as well as free tracks.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Short Dan Sartain interview and UK dates announcement in DIY

To read the original article: DIY website.
Dan Sartain is to release an album of rarities, outtakes and demos next month.

'Legacy Of Hospitality' will feature recordings from 1999-2009, including the tapes which ultimately - thanks to the intervention of producer Liam Watson - became last year's 'Dan Sartain Lives'.

Dan explains. “I convinced the record label to let me try producing the follow up to ‘Join Dan Sartain’ (‘Dan Sartain Lives’ 2010) myself, and they went for it. I figured I’d been in enough studios and worked with enough people who knew what they were doing, that I would give it a shot. OLI fronted some money and I went to Nashville (used music paradise of the Southeast U.S.), bought a 2nd hand 8 track Tascam 388 Quarter Inch tape machine. I started doing some recordings at home and it sounded pretty darn good. We recorded about 9 songs, and then went to Shane Lowlers studio in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (Old Capitol) to polish things up. I sent the stuff off to the Powers That Be and they said (to quote them loosely) “We like it but no one will be interested in this. Call Liam.” We called Liam (Watson) and the result of that was the “Dan Sartain Lives” album. I really love the album we did with Liam but still…I think there is a certain charm to the recordings we made. I’m glad both are getting to see the light of day.”

There will additionally be a DVD documentary, titled 'Dan Sartain Lives'.

The following tour dates are planned to coincide with the release.

APRIL
25 London Buffalo Bar
26 Bristol Thekla
27 Cork Crane Lane Theatre
30 Manchester Deaf Institute

MAY
1 Glasgow Captain's Rest
2 Newcastle Cluny
4 Leeds Brudenell Social Club

1 comment:

  1. Awesome News about the UK tour !!! Will Mr Sartain be coming over with the fuck 7" and Windian 7" ?????

    ReplyDelete